View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:42 PM
Find More Posts by chicken hawk
Plane Insane RC.com
Spanish Fork Utah
Joined Mar 2005
1,327 Posts
I flew my Grim Reaper for the first time today. Lee asked me to take lots of pictures of the build and I started off good but soon lost interest in picture taking. If I did post pictures, it would be a "don't do this" kind of thing. I used 3 spars. 2 the length of the wings and one across the rear making an A shape in the bottom of the plane. I used Aluminum arrow shafts for the long spars and a smaller diameter carbon fiber spar for the back.

The thing flies AWESOME! I have flown a lot of wings and this one by far is the best! Its so stable and predictable. I can slow the thing way way down and just before tip stall add just a bit of throttle. Its great!

The only complaint that I have about the Grim is that it floats too well. It feels like I have to make my approaches a mile out if I want to catch the thing. Oh and be careful with that too, I caught it when it was coming in hot and it almost took my arm off! (not really a valid complaint but I had to come up with something for Lee to improve on.)

This thing is going to destroy a lot of Titans and Assasins. Sorry guys.
Ryan
chicken hawk is offline Find More Posts by chicken hawk