Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by 9sec240
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
A repost from the BSR thread....

Quote:
After binding to my DX7, I decided to raise the swash to get the pitch to zero at mid stick. It took three turns out on the three swash linkage rods and a turn in on the blade pitch links and I got zero pitch. Due to the design of the head, the closest I could get to equal pos and neg pitch was +10 and -9. This is good enough for me. I set cyclic pitch to 7 degrees. My settings are:

Swash mix
AILE -68
ELEV -68
PIT -25

AILE and RUDD are reversed.

The ESC turns out to be non programmable from what I can tell. I tried to set throttle range but just got warning beeps from the ESC and no programming tones. This is just like the Blade 400 ESC. I set throttle up to 0-80-90 for F0, 100-90-100 for F1 and 100 flat for F2. There was no difference in RPMs in any flight mode. I also found this to be the same on the Blade 400. On the B400 I ended up adjusting down the high throttle channel end point till it decreased head speed to set throttle range. I will have to do that tomorrow.

I decided to remove the flybar weights and see how it felt. Collective pitch still seemed a bit weak so I turned up the pitch swash mix from -25 to -30 and that gave it a bit more pop. Tomorrow I will get it out in a bigger area where I can actually fly and feel it out.
I got a chance to measure the added pitch which ended up at +11 -10

I tweaked it in some more after I got a chance to fly it. I ended up with raising the AIL and ELE swash mix to -80.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Last edited by 9sec240; Mar 15, 2010 at 08:19 PM.