Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:13 PM
Find More Posts by Laramie
San Bernardino California U.S.A.
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
Far from stock......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcloin View Post
I love all the old-time planes, but am sure that my build will be far from stock. I'd prefere stock looks with modern performance.

Darvin
I know what you mean, Just for starters, the short moument on the front, while it gives great leverage for the stall recovery, its a nightmare to balance.
one must realize, these planes were designed with ignition engines in mind, & they carried a coil & 2 D cell batteries around in the front......

My little E-Powered R/C (3Ch), has a Speed 400 & 7 AA Nih 2500 Mha batteries, I streached the front out & still will need lead for a good C.G. location......

It shure looks good with the sun shinning through the transparent covered wings, I hope to post photos soon, flying with the snow clad San Bernardino mountins in the background.......

To those of you who may compeat in SAM vintage events, check if your build was designed before 1942, my Playboy Plans are from a Cleveland Kit, 1944, so it wouldnt qualify..... My Playboy 46.5 inch WS I got from ... www.bhplans.com ....does qualify, however .

Ive been thinking about what to do with the 4th available chanal on my radio, & it came to me, why not a DT? If my plane ever catches that booming thermal (& it could, here in So. California!), I might be able to grt it back that way......

......just some thoughts, Laramie.
Laramie is offline Find More Posts by Laramie