Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:58 PM
Find More Posts by Boomer1
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,955 Posts
Phantom -

Gents,
LL makes some good points and offers viable suggestions. I am not familiar with "most" of the boats from China. My experience has been limited to those boats Peter and I have been chatting about. I do believe they represent an affordable way to get into RC Sailing. Products made in China are a part of today’s reality. Not everyone is ready to scratch build their RC Boats, or may not even be interested in doing so.

Many folks who have RC Sailboats could care less about racing them. Having a good time with in one's budget, and with in their time constrains is the goal. I find this hobby to be a great way to de-stress, commune with nature, and share some quality time with folks who share a common interest. If racing is a part of that for you, I hope it brings you great joy.

I believe Peter will enjoy his new boat and like many, he'll find ways to improve the boats performance. (Perhaps even incorporating some of Larry's suggestions) If he really enjoys his new boat, it may lead him to move to another boat, perhaps more sophisticated. I have only been involved in RC Sailing since last October, and am happy to report I have learned quite a bit since getting on board.

For me, it is doesn’t matter how many boats one has, or has had. It is about having a good time, helping others where and when you can. I like doing things right and to the best of my ability. I have also learned not to take myself too seriously.

I enjoy this forum and have found it to be very helpful. It has allowed me to have made new friends around the world that I otherwise would never have had the opportunity to do so.
Enjoy your toys – and play nice.
Boomer 1
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Last edited by Boomer1; Apr 16, 2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: typo