Thread: Discussion Dynam Skybus DC-3
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:23 AM
Find More Posts by rob737
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,461 Posts

fellows, i think my crash on the first take off was my fault. i re-examined my cg issue, suspecting something was wrong because nobody else has had to add any weight (and i added a bucketfull). it looks like i used the drawing in the manual wrather then measuring to determine the proper c.g. envelope. now that i have measured it properly my plane too does not need any additional weight (it has all been removed). it balances just fine with the pack alone. some mistake!

also...i used my standard "warbird" technique on the first takeoff, meaning holding a lot of up elevator to keep the plane from nosing over. as pointed out by another poster, this plane does not need that. it seems like the best technique is to just let it fly off the ground on its own for the most part. lessions learned!

my plane looks as good as new, i just finished touching up the scuffs and the epoxy seam on the wingtip. got very luck this time! i think i am going to order some more of those gws props...at least from all of this i found a good replacement prop for this plane.

rob
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737