Silicon Valley, Calif
Joined Jan 2005
1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob00 View Post
If you didn't read my previous link...
Quote:
are you another hardware reseller or smth like that? Declaring that intel hd audio is resampled in software is quite wrong in my world its called FUD
Quote:
I will dumb it down a lot:
Quote:
This will give you a proper, visual idea of what's happening here:
Quote:
Feel free to point me wrong
I am not in the business of proving people right or wrong. You can see my profile and my website if you want to know what I do. I notice that you make many assumptions about what I read, what I sell and what I understand. I make no claims about your hardware or the capabilities of any particular chipset. I share my experience, particularly with generating modulation waveforms through Linux audio drivers.

I notice that you use "good," "bad," "right," "wrong," "proper" a lot. These have no meaning to me unless I know the goals you wish to achieve. If your goal is to prove someone wrong (me, or MelihK) you are achieving this goal fabulously. You have done what we haven't. If you have another, more quantifiable goal in this project, I invite you to formalize it share and it with us.

If you have a measurable goal, it's easy to know how well you are achieving it. For example, you might say, "My DX7 stores 20 models. I want a TX just like DX7 but with unlimited memory." Then it's easy to know if your solution is "good." As another example, you might say, "I want a transmitter that is better than the DX7." In this case, it's difficult to know how "good" your solution is and opens us up to an argument about the meaning of "good" and "bad."

Ari.
iter is offline Find More Posts by iter