View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2010, 04:07 AM
Find More Posts by GDbot
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Joined Jul 2008
523 Posts
Rum. Cruzan Rum from St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands. That sounds like a pretty good idea, now that the computer here seems to finally be working again for a little while. And the weather report is for SUN, SUN, SUN, highs in the 60's all week long. The last winter snowstorm just passed through and my brain can start to thaw after being fried from the weirdest computer troubleshoot I have ever encountered. Too many red herrings and coincidences to tease out the root cause easily.

Yesterday Microsoft Security Essentials says a new version is installing itself, then won't, because it turns out the old version has to be manually uninstalled. OK, that only took a half hour to figure out, but in the middle of that process, my power supply squeals and the computer reboots. Then the town's Fire Alarm goes off a few seconds later. I think someone must have run their car into a power pole somewhere in town. I had to go outside to make sure it wasn't my house that was burning down and the sky was falling. If my computer and me remain stable for more than the usual day and a half lately, I will start to visit and post here more regularly.
GDbot is offline Find More Posts by GDbot