View Single Post
Old Mar 09, 2010, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by sp3hybrid
Joined Jan 2009
207 Posts
My G51 was my first glow engine and I am currently running it on a Tower 40 trainer with a Zinger 11x6 wooden prop. It is not really run it yet, and I am running it super rich, but it pulls my trainer around very nicely. I can loop it without having to dive or gain any speed. Just advance the throttle and pull up. Quite powerful. The only thing I had trouble with is that it is not that easy to tune if you are new to glow engines like me. The low end valve came set completely wrong from the factory and was way to rich. At the moment I am still having some trouble with the low end and achieving low idle speed, but to be honest I haven't really given it much try. There are lots of threads here on RCG giving advice on how to set this engine. Due to a high idle I had quite some trouble landing my trainer in the beginning because it wouldn't slow down enough, but again that is manly me being to impatient with the tuning and just wanting to fly. Over all, despite the ugly muffler, I really like this engine. Quite powerful. If you don't mind Chinese engines I would say this one is definitely worth trying, especially if you can get it for cheap. Thats just my 2 cents.
sp3hybrid is offline Find More Posts by sp3hybrid