Thread: Discussion did u use your bike today?
View Single Post
Old Mar 05, 2010, 05:09 AM
Find More Posts by Brutus1967
I convince things to work
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
4,620 Posts
I did ride my bike yesterday. Finally found a very nice riding spot very close to home, and finally the weather was such that the asphalt was dry.
Finally had the opportunity to test the new radio (different brandname, but the same as the Venom VR3T 2.4 GHz) and its extended features

By the way, the delay on the throttle function is excellent, makes riding around with a 7400 kV motor really easy without sacrificing fun and performance. Drifting without losing the back is easy, and wheelies are still not really as controlled as in real MotoGP, but at least can be done no command, and unexpected cartwheeling out of control is history.

But the downside was that my riding location was bordered by a shallow ditch which was hidden from view by some bushes.

Anyone can guess what happened next: Bike decided to start a naval career and went submarine, and as a result I fried my ESC (everything else was suprisingly enough, still intact. Receiver, standard Venom servo's, all still working OK).

Found out unfortunately that the Tekin Mini Rage ESC are not availlable any more, and turned out to be way more expensive than what I paid for it Didn't expect that price!
So now I need another ESC. Going for a LRP 86500, which should be equal or better than the Tekin (AND WATERPROOF) but sets me back another 110 Euro's.

Damn!

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967