Z-8
Find More Posts by Z-8
Z-8
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2010
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grem62483 View Post
I recently purchased a Park Zone T-28 Trojan and I've been doing some research and discovered that this particular plane has an issue with the stock Esc/Bec combo. I want to buy a better one but dont know what to go with. I eventually want to upgrade from the stock 480 brushless to the Turnigy 35-36 without having to do this same thing again. So is there any suggestions on what to go with? Using stock Lipo 1800 mah 3s 15C. I've only flown this plane twice and both times I had to unplug the battery and plug it in again because it wasnt letting me do anything from the Tx. I plugged the battery in and it plays the tune but thats it. When I unplug it and plug it back in she works just fine. I test the rudders and ailerons, it gives me that beep letting me know everything is cool and no problems after that. Could this be my Esc/Bec? P.S I tried to find an Official T-28 thread but couldnt so I asked my question here. I hope this is ok to post it here.
Another option: I posted ST .10 engine upgrade step-by-step here.

It's a $25 upgrade including hardware that works with the stock ESC and gives better than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio. The ST .10 is about 35% lighter than the stock motor, so the plane flys better balanced. Highly recommended.
Z-8 is offline Find More Posts by Z-8