Old Feb 26, 2010, 07:18 AM
Find More Posts by rod.d
Account Closed
United States, OH, Groveport
Joined Feb 2009
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnaimless View Post
..Also a big point for me is the 2 pots and two sliders where the Hitec only has the sliders. These programmable features will serve pan/tilt functions well for Aerial Photography...
The knobs and rear sliders should not be overlooked, especially for heli pilots. I didn't realize how great these were until I did a little more research. The gyro gain has a "fine tuning" capability that can be assigned to one of the knobs or sliders. This allows you to adjust the gyro gain in flight, rather than having to land, adjust, take off, test, repeat. This is HUGE as far as I am concerned. I don't think the JR x9503 can even do this (someone correct me if I am wrong).

Of course you can use the pots and sliders for other things, and I hadn't considered panning with aerial photography but that is a great example. The cool thing is that you can assign a knob/slider to anything that gets activated with a switch, which gives you the ability to adjust it as required. The more I use this radio the more I love it!
rod.d is offline Find More Posts by rod.d