View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2010, 09:10 AM
Find More Posts by KenSmith
DFW, TX
Joined Jul 2002
38 Posts
Discussion
thoughts on Walkera 4G1B for 2nd heli

Well I have been learning on sim (Clearview) and my Walkera CB100 since Christmas morning :-)

I have outgrown the garage, and want to get out into the backyard. Unfortunately even in a mild breeze the CB100 is really not suited for outdoor flying. This is disappointing but it is still very fun for indoor use.

I have been looking into the next best step and determined that I want a larger heli that will do better in the winds but still small enough for use in my backyard (with trees/pool/etc).

A nice CP 450 has my eye, but I think it may be too big of a step. I am needing to spend more time on orientations, circuits, figure8s, etc. I love 3d inverted flying on the sim, but on real helis I have much to do before moving on.

I found a Walkera 4G1B locally (including 3 batteries, charger, training gear, etc) for a very good price. It has a broken landing gear, but would be a quick fix. It seems very similar to my CB100....just bigger.

I think this may be a good next step what do you guys think? Will I get bored with it? Should I be looking at CP? Should I wait for the Blade SR (twice the price)? Any thoughts are appreciated!
KenSmith is offline Find More Posts by KenSmith