John 3:16
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTitan View Post
truth
and well said, I agree 100%
if I had let some one talk me into thinking that certain planes were too difficult for me to build andto fly I probably would have never attempted to build many that I have successfully built and flown in the past.
I agree with this line of thought. My first plane was a Slow Stick which I successfully flew with no help other than the advice that was given to me here on rcgroups. My second plane, against everyones advice, was a Pocket Combat Wing (24 inches of wild fun!). I didn't understand that my elevons were reversed, and therefore beat that thing into the ground (good thing it was tough) before I figured it out. Once I got the elevons right, I was able to fly it with little trouble.

Having said that, I think it would be beneficial for people to know that a jet, or PCW, would not be the wise choice of a first plane (or maybe a second one). If they want to do it anyway, fine. It is just a list of planes according to difficulty level if I understand it right. That way, they can get an idea of why that new plane is in pieces after the first flight. They can know that they probably bit off a little bit more than they could chew. I am assumming that this list is for just the foamies that we build and fly here in the "scratchbuilt" section, and is not a list of all planes in general.

Daddy-O

BTW, I would say that the Divinity wing (4) would be a good first wing nowadays, and that a 24" David wing (6) would be a good second one.
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O