Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Trader Rating: 90
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,330 Posts
Trader Rating: 90
Question
Has Fedex ever said they delivered when they didn't?

The wife ordered some stuff and when it didn't arrive called the vendor. They said Fedex delivered. She called Fedex and they show that the package was delivered. She was home that day so we know it wasn't delivered. By the way, this is not a vendor on this forum.

The vendor is saying they have to file a dispute with Fedex and can't refund or ship a replacment. Fedex wasn't much help saying they would "talk with the driver". A few minutes ago, the vendor called back and said they have the delivery in dispute but Fedex has till the 18th, I guess they mean till then to investigate. Oh yea, they also said Fedex reported that they tried to call us. Huh? They don't call for a standard shipment. Maybe they mean after the package was reported lost but I think they mean at the time of delivery.

The vendor was told that we would dispute with the CC and this didn't phase them. They're going to wait on Fedex so the question is has anyone had a delivery dispute with Fedex and if so what should we expect?

On a side note, should Fedex find the package or the vendor decide to re-ship, do you think it would be ok for us to refuse given it was a present that we no longer need because we had to go out and buy something else? I think yes but wanted to test the ethics water a little.

Thanks
John
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne