View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by A.T.
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Aurora Slider - DIY Centre Detente (Notch) Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
You can notch a detente into the slider... I show how to do this somewhere. In the future, this will be standard. This way you know exactly where the center of the slider is. There is typically more than one way to do something with the Aurora so with a little time, I'm sure there is a way to get the override whether it's mixing or flight condition of something else. Mike.
"One of the problems is the lack of a center detente. We've modded the sliders and added it, which makes the them less prone to being bumped, and you always know true center. In the future this will be standard with the Aurora. The mod is relatively simple, just remove the slider and notch a spot in the middle and reinstall. Only do this if you're comfortable w/disassembling the transmitter. -Mike."
"I just used an Xacto to make a notch in the center"- Mike.
"Everyone I've done so far has worked properly; just take care to make the notch in the center. I've done it without disassembling the slider unit, but as you see in the pic it's easier to line it up if you do.' - Mike.

Aurora issued since Mar2010 have new sliders which include a detent.
added 06Aug10 Aurora 9 slider center detent
Q: Just got my radio, and am frustrated that the sliders don't line up mechanically and electronically. When I slide the sliders there is a physical detent, which does NOT line up with the electronic graph center of the function I'm setting up.....the beep that tells where the center is is alligned with the graphic/electronic center, but it's pretty hard to stop on a beep!
Is this a known issue? Perhaps on the fix-it list?
A: This is a calibration issue. It's been discussed in the past in the Aurora thread in the general section. To get the beep/detent/graph lined up correctly we would need to recalibrate the channels. - Breandan Lugo

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Aug 06, 2010 at 03:39 AM.