View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2010, 04:21 AM
Find More Posts by Essex BOF
Joined Sep 2009
419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiberjaber View Post
So first stab at a BOQ to add to the wood pack. Need to rationalise it , double up the outer wing and work out the actual material to buy.
A lot of the wood can be cut from the same sheet of wood. i.e leading edges are cut from the same sheet of wood, to the 3/8 x Height of leading edge for that task(centre panel will be the highest one) The tapers are done on completing the wing panels, by aligning the LE to the rib front, then removing the wood from the front to give the taper.

Trailing edges, spoiler blade are cut from 3/16 sheet good quarter grain stock, to the width required.Planed & sanded to section required.

The grain of the 1/16 infill on the TE between the ribs runs parallel, not vertical & can be cut from off cuts of 1/16 sht for the wing sheeting.

This is not a complete list of how to do it , just a guide, but it is the most cost efective way. As I have a large collection of wood, it is not a thing I have had to do so I can only give rough guide, but buying ready shaped wood for the item needed, will be expensive

See the Alacrity build for some details of a cheap balsa stripper:-

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1180687
Essex BOF is offline Find More Posts by Essex BOF