View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:26 PM
Find More Posts by drypipe
Joined Aug 2009
844 Posts
I would not spend $2.00 on a EPS or EPP EDF jet. Ya, there are plenty of EPS aircraft out there that fly great, due to airframe design and proper equipment balance, but the most important issue is the survivability factor especially during car transportation, flight, landing and storage. I would much rather save my money and wait until these companies start producing better quality aircraft (if there is such a thing, with the exception of RC-Lander), that I like in EPO.
Look at Hobby-Lobby, they still insist on having companies produce EPS foam airplanes for their E-RC brand. As an example, the new Free Wing "Su-34" could have been a fantastic jet only if it was made of better quality foam. Why pay $300.00+ for a flying EGG SHELL when EPO foam material is now widely available!! However, Free Wing also produced that hand launch EPO "F-86 Saber" last December just about the same time the EPS "SU-34" was still in development. I think it has to do with cost. The larger the aircraft, the more costly it is to produce it in EPO.

If Multiplex finally decides to get their head out of producing 90% sail planes and gliders for the slope jocks out in California, and start to concentrate more on EDF jets, low winged sport planes and warbirds, they would not only dominate the foam airplane market, they will put a lot of these companies out of business with their patented Elapor foam which is much more stronger than the newer EPO material!

DryPipe.
drypipe is offline Find More Posts by drypipe
Last edited by drypipe; Feb 12, 2010 at 10:44 PM.