Thread: Discussion SLOW-STICK X Build (Original)
View Single Post
Old Apr 01, 2007, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by Bayward
Pasco County Florida
Joined Dec 2006
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
Dual rates and little expo may be in order here. It sounds like the plane is flying on the heavy side and has a little more power than usual. You may want to try flying the SSX without all the mods you made. My heaviest model yet only weighs 21 oz. When landing a correct weighted SSX it should be able to float in like a Stock Slow Stick.
James, nothing wrong with the SSX in my opinion. My inexperience is what is causing the SSX to do what it did.

The plane would float in for a landing if I would let it and were able to keep it precisely lined up between the rows of pallets of stone. My flying field is a huge storage yard of pallets of stone. The adjoining truck parking lot is my "airport". I was nervous flying the SSX for the first time to boot. On the advice of another very experienced RC'er I am going to put about -65 expo on the sticks for the next flight. Although I bet if I just continued on with no changes I would have the SSX doing mild aerobatics in three of four more flights. The SSX is a good plane.

Bob
Bayward is offline Find More Posts by Bayward