View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2010, 09:35 PM
Find More Posts by murdnunoc
Victim of C.D.O.
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Oct 2007
4,088 Posts
TheKid,
I played with the idea of the motor hanging off the back end and snapped a pic just in case someone brought it up. It hangs it REALLY far back there. Almost behind the fins!

I stuck the batteries in and it balances out fine with the motor way back there. That's the benefit of huge batteries. You can't have too big a motor!

The thing that concerns me about it is the leverage the prop and motor have to tweak the motor mount around. With the motor mounted more traditionally over the mount, the forces are more balanced out. If I get bored with the hacksaw, I may get a hybrid type mount going on that would move the motor back but still balance out the forces well.

I don't have all the tools necessary yet to make my power and prop figures too useful. I'm still kind of shooting from the hip .
I will be getting a data logger very soon. Tax refund! So that should get my data to the point where it could be shared to make meaningful comparisons.
Though, it's really going to come down to which outrunner and which inrunner. If we could find each type with the same KV and resistance, that would be a good test to see which one is better at whipping the prop around.

That Hyperion 3032 sounds nice! And huge! I was looking at the ZS3025-6, with resistance of .008. That's better than my Scorpion, but the Scorpion came up as a good deal, so I snagged it.
The 3032-4 should smash both of them, though. Maybe as my next outrunner project! Where are they available? I didn't see them on All-E-RC.
murdnunoc is offline Find More Posts by murdnunoc