Old Feb 01, 2010, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by EMBER BENDER
3D All Day Every Day - 112cc!!
Australia, WA, Wembley
Joined Feb 2010
122 Posts
Beware Lots of Ember 2 Questions

HI ALL
MY FIRST POST,SO i THOUGHT I'D MAKE IT A BIG ONE, I POSTED IT SOMEWHERE ELSE IN AN "RCGROUPS" FORUM BUT THIS FORUM SEEMS TO BE FULL OF ENDLESS AMOUNTS OF GREAT MODS AND GREAT SOUNDING GUYS AND GIRLS - PLUS PLENTY OF EMBER INSIGHT, I LOOK FORWARD TO BEING ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE AS MUCH AS I CAN!!

SO IT GOES A LITTLE SOMETHING LIKE THIS....
I RECENTLY BROUGHT AN BnF EMBER 2, and have not had so much fun for a long time flying this graceful flyer above 4 basketball courts!! Anyone get a totally non useable Parkzone LiPo in their Box??

I TOOK IT OUT OF OF THE BOX ON THE WEEKEND TO SHOW IT OFF TO MY RC CLUB FRIENDS AND THE RUDDER SNAPPED RIGHT OFF FROM THE WIND - ONLY <18KNOTS!! VERY EMBARSSING..

SO A FEW QUESTIONS FOR YOU ALL...

What is the best glue to use on the mending the rudder and is kicker ok to apply afterwards?

Has anyone used carbon fibre rods to strengthen the surface parts of the tail plane?

What is the actual material the rudder and elevator are made from, and the material the wing is made from, do hobby store stock it and how many mm thick is the elevator and rudder material?

What is the easiest way to replace a whole new rudder and elevator, I have noticed the tail plane is glued on and I'm not sure what steps to take when replacing a whole new tail plane..

I HAVE MANAGED TO BIND IT TO MY DX7 ANYONE HAVE ANY HINTS FOR BETTER FLIGHT REGARDING EXPO, TRAVEL, MIXING ETC??

ANY IDEAS ON OTHER PROP SIZES AND THEIR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS??

HOW HOT CAN I ALLOW MY MOTOR TO GET IN CELSIUS WITHOUT RUINING MY MOTOR OR MELTING THE HOUSING, I HAVE A POINT AND SHOOT TEMP METER??

Is it possible to fly full throttle for as long as the battery will last using stock standard everything except using more Amps in the 3.7v LiPo, without damaging anything??

I AM RUNNING 3.7V 138mhA LiPo's has anyone gone up to around the 250mHA without the weight being an issue, what was your rough flight time outcome??

Besides increase in weight issues are there any limits to increasing Amp sizes in a 3.7v LiPo set up??

What are the longest flying times anyone has had and what was there set up??

I love the fact the Ember is a slow Flyer but what are the best tips to increase speed, I am referring more towards, props, motors etc.. Not weight reduction or aerodynamics...

I know there are a lot of questions in this Thread so if someone can just answer even one of them I would appreciate it.

The most important question right now is fixing the rudder back on to the plane and with what glue (Brand Name too if possible) and the best method.

ANY OTHER TIPS WOULD BE APPRECIATED I LOVE THIS PLANE - I'M SURE I'LL BE LISTING MY TIPS AND MODS SOON!!

THERE IS A GREAT 2 PART TWIN VAPOUR ENGINE POWERED EMBER ON YOUTBE - CHECK IT OUT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBo_x5OUiVA

Happy Flying All...

Regards,

Jeremy from Western Australia

PLANES SO FAR:
4CH ISLAND HOPPER STOCK
EFLITE MICRO 4SITE STOCK
EMBER 2 STOCK
PICO STICK MINI STOCK
&
DX7 TRANSMITTER
EMBER BENDER is offline Find More Posts by EMBER BENDER