Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:38 PM
Find More Posts by skye8070
Skye Malcolm
Upper Arlington, OH
Joined Mar 2009
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmorton View Post
That 2.4 antenna routing sounds like a pain. I routed the 72 MHz antenna on the outside of the fuse. I drilled a small hole (a little bigger than the diameter of the antenna) on the seem line behind the leading edge and routed the wire though the hole and down the seem line. I just taped it in place.

You got me on routing the whiskers for 2.4. Sounds like you are on the right track, though. Are the holes in the fuse located just ahead of the wing? Can't wait to see the pics so I'll know exactly how you did it. I wonder how other people route the whiskers on their planes with a removable nose cone.
Scotty
Scotty - I posted this in another thread, but It's applicable here since I show a picture of my Airtronics 2.4GHz Rx Ant layout in my Eraser. Check out here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post13968632

I say the wing is mostly glass with a carbon spar. In hindsight, I can't say that for sure. All I know is that the best thing to do with any radio installation is to test it in as many orientations as possible in low power mode with the plane held in a non-RF reflective surrounding. I personally use the branches of a small tree in my front yard to hold the plane and then walk way down the side walk to get far enough away. The neighbors probably think I'm strange, but that might be a benefit.
Skye
skye8070 is offline Find More Posts by skye8070
Last edited by skye8070; Jan 27, 2010 at 08:43 PM.