View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2010, 06:21 PM
WMD
Find More Posts by WMD
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,397 Posts
Ok, more nacelle work now. Need to extend wires for the 2 escs (both power and control) and do a T- junction to both. Need to disable one red wire from one esc. Also now is a good time to check what direction the props spin in. Switch cables if needed to get contra-rotating props. Nacelle fronts are 6mm, but the top and bottom covers are both 3mm depron , with some sanding / chamfering. Its not critical, is just cosmetic to get things to fit nicely as possible. Also we need to check alignment of motors. On the prototype I set 0 degress donwnthrust, I put in the the bulkheads at 90 deg to the flat bottom of the wing section. That worked, but I think a tiny bit of down would be even better.

Edit: re props and direction of rotation, I think the best way is this: from pilots point of view, looking forwards, the right-hand motor and prop should be going anti-clockwise, and the left-hand motor and prop should be going clockwise. This is so that any loose dirt, grass, leaves, litter, tin cans or wildlife you may encounter as you belly-slide along the ground is swept away from the fuselage. Probably.
WMD is offline Find More Posts by WMD
Last edited by WMD; Jan 25, 2010 at 06:48 PM.