Thread: Discussion Newbe, Foam MD-80, 2.3m long.
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:32 AM
Find More Posts by chochmah
HappyGoLucky
Germany, BW, Ibach
Joined Dec 2009
556 Posts
Quote:
is it underpowered?
Well, I hope not. The E-Flite Airliner weights about 100g less then the MD80 while having smaller wings and the E-Flite Power Setup seems not to be much stronger then mine. (couldn't find anywhere how many Newton Thrust the Superairliner has) The Plane does not feel underpowered at 3.5lbs/2lbs in the simulator. It reaches 130km/h in level flight and is able to climb pretty steep. I don't know close that is to reality.
If it is to underpowered to take off I should be able to increase the thrust/weight ratio by just putting stronger batteries in. The motors and the ESCs can take more then the two 1800/25C batteries currently in use provide. Again I'm new to this and my reasoning might be utterly wrong.

Quote:
What about strength for the long fuselage?
The Fuselage is really strong as is. (At least I think so) Lot's of 6mm bulkheads, two 10x10mm balsa beams, three 60x6mm Depron strips at the sides and the bottom and the 3mm EPP-hull make the fuselage pretty stiff. (if you put the backside of the plane on a level table the fuselage will not bend at all)

cheers
chochmah is offline Find More Posts by chochmah