View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:12 AM
Find More Posts by Fly2High
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Yeah.

I am a die hard Jr guy. I have a Jr XP9303 and am waiting for a Spektrum module just to keep things going for a while.

Not sure whether I want to jump ship. It is the most popular but there have been issues.

when I saw the price for one with a 7 ch Rx, I was like OMG is that cheap!! I think they are trying to get people to come to them.

Also, with so many good cheap modules, I may go that way. Being module based may have its latency but I can at my leasure change what type of 2.4 I am using. Unfortunately it is flexibility at a cost.

I was surprised the Futaba came out with a Jr module, especially since most Jrs do not have modules!

I wonder if Airtronics will do the same.....

As for channel assignments, I think Jr and futaba do ailerons on 1 and 2, then rudder and elevator - not that it matters. It is good to be the consistent. makes it easy to switch without have to figure out which plug comes from where.

I do like using a 4ch Rx for a flaperon DLG. I wish Air. would make a full range 4ch Rx though!! For that matter, I hope they get more FH3 Rxs!!

As always, for that kind of scratch, do I go for a new plane or a backup Tx? time will tell...

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High