View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2010, 01:47 PM
Find More Posts by SteveM732
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2008
1,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biskit View Post
What about a settable delay before each discharge when cycling to let the pack rest a bit?
There sure is. Currently the cool down options are 5, 15, or 30 minutes. If you need a longer cool down time you best mention it.

Quote:
The overlay would be nearly mandatory in my opinion - otherwise why graph the data? Can the data at least be output as a text file to graph it in excel?
Not at the present time. Speaking of time, if I ever find enough I'd like to make a graphing software tool at can read multiple data files and plot them, allowing for overlays. Since that's probably not going to happen any time soon maybe I can just write a tool to extract the PL8 log files into CSV, unless FMA beats me to it.

Quote:
One more suggestion I would have is the ability to do 2v and 4v lead. Yes, I have a 4v lead battery. It would seem an easy couple lines of code to allow it?
Currently 6V, 12V, and 24V are supported. In lead-acid mode the PL8 retains the notion that the battery is 2 volts per cell and charges accordingly. Adding support for 2V and 4V seems like it should be easy, but until someone asks for it who know it was a need someone had?
SteveM732 is offline Find More Posts by SteveM732