Old Jan 16, 2010, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,852 Posts
dirtybird

A few points if I may.

Due to new shipping regulations large LiPolys will now be split packs, that is they will have a bullet or other similar connection which turns a 10S into two 5 cells.

50 volts is considered by many as the danger point where electrocution becomes a lot more likely and there for many manufactures / vendors do not care to cross that threshold.

As the max. voltage increases it becomes a lot more expensive to deliver amps. and the cost per watt goes up accordingly.

There are few 500 watts plus chargers available period and no others which I am aware of that will do 8 cell at 20 amps. much less 30 amps.

I do know of a high cell count charger but it is limited to 12A max. , required 220V AC and does not include a balancer. The price of that charger,balancer and software is close to $1,000.

Two PL8s will let you charge matched packs up to 8S ea. at up to 30 amps. each and would still be less expensive by a large margin.

It would be nice if everyone read the specs. and asked questions on areas which are unclear to them insteadof asking why not 20 cells ,why not 50 amps. etc.

FYI I posted about 1-1/2 to 2 year ago that a 800watt charger that could do up to 20 S at up to 10amps. or up to 10S at up to 20 amps. would be great. That charger still not not exist to the best of my knowledge.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Jan 16, 2010 at 03:23 PM.