View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by wsame
Irvine, CA
Joined Jan 2005
105 Posts
Discussion
Lousy NitroPlanes Support for bad ESC in Brushless A10

Last weekend, I bought the green Brushless A10 from Nitroplanes at the AMA show. Tony was a nice guy to talk to and assured me that they have better support than others. I did have some construction problems including the front landing gear wire was not long enough and also the servo horn was not long enough to attached to wire. I did my own workarounds to fix that. I did have a defective 20A brushless ESC where it would beep continously without engaging. The other ESC was fine. I initially sent email to support about this defective ESC problem and they replied back saying that they'll get back to me within 1-2 days, which they never did. I then tried calling their support phone number but was on hold for 15+ min and so I hung up. I then talked to Sam online. He initially said I'd have to drive to their store to have it replaced. My thought was "that's rediculous that I'd have to drive there to have it replaced". I said "What if I'm from another state, you can't expect me to fly there". Then I said why can't I send in defective ESC to have it replaced. That's when he finally agreed. I don't mind having to fix things like out of alignment landing gear but if the electronic is defective, I would normally expect a company to send me replacement unit without such hassles. I thought from my reading that NitroPlanes had better support but I personally would never buy anything from them anymore. Oh and I also posted this problem on rcdiscuss.com which is where Tony told me to post any problems about my plane, but they have not responded to either.
wsame is offline Find More Posts by wsame