View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2010, 03:32 PM
Find More Posts by motorhead
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
4,100 Posts
Discussion
EzFly free plans for great trainer plane

My daughter started to show some interest in flying with me so I decided that sh needed a plane that would not let her fail.

My requirements were:
Durable
Easily fixed
pusher to protect the motor
Darn near fly it self
Cute, she is a girl so it has to be cute.

What I came up with is the easy fly dragon and it flys great. It is rudder, elevator control but I have the ailerons mixed in so she can turn with either stick. With a little up elevator trim and shallow turns you do not even have to hold up elevator. To take off just advance the throttle and it will lift off on its own. It is still fun to fly as it will loop and barrel roll.
Correct CG is between 3.5" and 4" from the leading edge.

While I was drafting it up I went ahead and made a boy version in the form of a WWII bomber. It would be easy to put a couple of military stickers on it after painting grey along with some nose art printed on paper and glued on.
Thanks to Mikebergy for converting it to PDF for me.
Mike
EzFly Dragon.wmv (2 min 56 sec)

The R3 pdf is the latest and includes an extended nose and the motor moved forward to help with the CG.

The plans below are provided for those who want to build their own. No one has permission to produce kits for sale as they are available at www.fancyfoam.com

I put together a video on the installation of landing gear on an EzFly.
EzFly landing gear (9 min 40 sec)

Be sure to check out the EzFly Facebook Group.

For those of you that want to learn to fly but are not interested in building a kit, we have the EzFly ARF. It is 99% pre-assembled. All you have to do is glue the wing in place, charge the battery and then go fly.
EzFly ARF
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Last edited by motorhead; Aug 27, 2015 at 04:02 PM.