Thread: Discussion royal william
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2010, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by yancovitch
Joined Oct 2006
921 Posts
great ideas...should have check with you guys first.....i built them the hard way...had to figure the shape of each face...which wasn't easy for me...then cut them out of 1/16th ply...glue...and cut out the windows....i'm realizing that i take an organic method of building, rather than a meticulous accurate clean cut approach...i seem to be more concerned with the mood or atmosphere of the build....which is a long way of saying i'm tooooo lazy ........yes i was concerned about the glue....i tried another glue which advertised as drying clear and was definitely waterproof, but it became milky a day after drying clear......go figure......had to remove it all and replaced it with the stuff designed for that, although i know it's not waterproof...i just liked the effect...i should have used epoxy...anyways, i'll spray them with some clear urethane or whatever to maybe scare away the water somewhat....if, after exposure to the elements, it seems that the lanterns are going blind, i'll remove them and do the epoxy thingy.....should start having fun, now that i have more time..........oh.....i could have opened the top and cut pieces of microscope slides which i used on the rear galleries, but could open without destroying the lamps....cheers, vic
yancovitch is online now Find More Posts by yancovitch
Last edited by yancovitch; Jan 11, 2010 at 06:52 PM.