Find More Posts by kenda1
Canada, ON, Quinte West
Joined Jan 2009
91 Posts
Woodies

Hi Guys

To answer your questions...

Steve
Yes, the Maple leaf glider flew very well so it prompted me to "improve" on it with this build. It floated forever and was amazingly quick for such a large glider. The double poly wing was a treat as it turned so nicely, especially during tight, low altitude, save my ass type of thermal flying!

Scaflock
Yes, the servos will be in a tandem configuration. I made every effort to reduce the frontal area while still maintaining a bit of "user friendly" workspace in the fuse.

Why I'm doing this...?

I wanted to build the Marauder as a benchmark to gauge my design(s) against, as it will be a similar style of AC. I think Merrill did a great job with the Marauder as it builds into a very strong glider and goes together easily. Judging from the many posts here in the various threads it flies extremely well, so it will give me an idea if I'm on the right track or not with my stuff. Where I live, the closest glider field is 3 hours away and none of the local guys are serious glider drivers. I am building it stock and resisting the temptation to "improve it".
Building two gliders side by side is "interesting" to say the least, especially when one goes together so easily, and then I have to sit and think how I want to do the same task on my design. Do I just R&D* the Marauder or come up with a "better" way of doing things? I'm doing every step for each glider simultaneously and I'm finding it a lot a fun doing it this way!

That's it for now

Blake

*Rip-off and Duplicate
kenda1 is offline Find More Posts by kenda1