Old Jan 03, 2010, 10:03 PM
Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
11,093 Posts
Testing and caibrating

Testing:

Power up your system with both RX antennas connected. Verify that you have a video feed. Now move the video transmitter away (20 feet should be sufficient) and change the channel on either of the RX antennas. If your video feed remains, then change the channel back and change the channel on the other RX. Again, you should have a stable video feed (you might get a short static). If not, you need to either reverser your RCA cables to your receivers or reverse your RSSI inputs to the diversity controller. It doesn’t matter which.

Now for the selector sensitivity. This is set by turning the potentiometer. Move the video transmitter as far away as possible. Aim one of your directional antennas directly at the transmitter. Now slowly turn the directional antenna away from the transmitter. You should hear a click on the relay (if you added the LED indicator it should change). Now bring the first antenna back to the transmitter. Again you should hear a click of the relay and the indicator should change. If in this process the relay being to switch rapidly, turn the potentiometer to a higher resistance until it stops. If the relay doesn’t change states then turn back the potentiometer.

You are now ready for flight. You can adjust the potentiometer to suit your flight needs. The final adjustments will be made after a flight or two. I have mine turned almost all of the way up to the maximum resistance.

Again, please forgive me for the poor drawings. I don't have any drawing software. All I have is MS paint

Let me know how this works out for all of you. If there are any questions, feel free to post here or send me a PM.

Keep your wings in the sky!

-Alex
IBCrazy is online now Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member