View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2009, 01:05 AM
Find More Posts by larrykin
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick L. View Post
ServoCity will sell you a servo limiting device that fits between servo and receiver. You can set separate end points via screwdriver on both sides of neutral.

U.S. $ = $19.00 as I recall.
Dick,
sounds like a good alternative. Any clues what it's called for a Google search in Australia? Never seen this offered as an accessory.

EDIT - finally found the item at ServoCity. A ServoStretcher. Modifies Hitec servo with 90 rotation to 180. Specs say "not to be used with any other type of servo". Only servos with 90 rotation. The price was right .
http://www.servocity.com/html/180o_servo_stretcher.html

My news -- finally got around to testing the Hitec HS-785HB Drum Winch Servo with my Spektrum DX5e receiver. The drum turns 3 times. Specs say 1 turn = 120mm. That means I'll get 39cm of sheet travel. I have ~ 47cm from the bulkhead to the stern block. At least that means I wont have the elastic connection going thru the bulkhead . Also lucky as Hitec don't make a smaller drum for this servo .
Maximuss MkII update - the designer emailed me and suggested rather than building my own plug, he has a buddy with a good mold who can pull a hull and deck for me. He sails at the same club I'm planning on joining and lives close by. Also makes excellent keel fins and rudders for racing from his designs. At not exhorbitant prices. The club is SMMC at Norwest Lake.
Trakka - do you get hassled during the Winter Olympics? Winter sport involving hot kettles.

One sleep to go till 2010

Larry
larrykin is offline Find More Posts by larrykin
Last edited by larrykin; Dec 30, 2009 at 01:33 AM. Reason: New Information