Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,563 Posts
Ember 2/Spektrum DX6i

For the record, and based on my experiences with three Embers:

Note photo of PKZ3351.

This is the receiver or "brick" that is supplied with and for the Ember 2. It is DMS2 compliant, but is not the receiver as supplied with the UM P-51 Mustang or the UM Sukhoi 26. Thus, there is no Channel 5 or additional channels on the receiver for Ember 2. The green dot, IMO, indicates the receiver is the DMS2 compliant version of the original Ember1 receiver.

Concerning the use of the Spektrum DX6i with an Ember2. Great combination, better than the transmitter supplied with the RTF version of Ember 2 because of range and control resolution. The RTF transmitter is fine, but the DX6i allows you to save up to 10 model configurations, one or more of which can be Embers!! The smoothness of the rudder and elevator action is a real plus. Best of all, there is NO NEED to program the DX6i for the Ember, other than binding it to the plane. The default 100% throws are just fine, thank you. So, don't sweat the need for dual rates, exponential, servo throw, endpoints, etc. These are great features of the DXi6, and IMHO a definite MUST HAVE for the UM Sukhoi and UM P-51 Mustang, but not needed for the Ember 2.

I have made the DX6i my one and only transmitter for my ever building Micro-fleet. 4 planes on it now, another 2 to be added as soon as the planes arrive! (Playmate, PkZn J-3 Cub).

Hope all of this is of help.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Doug Sipprell; Dec 19, 2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: added photo