Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by 800mZero
3DHS Junkie
Rhode Island
Joined Jun 2005
5,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope1 View Post
Received the plane today. Real nice quality, built like a tank. The wood is very strong, even the sheeting. Fiberglass is excellent, for a 71" w.s it seems pretty large, more scale then the hangar 9. I measured the cowl, it will need a 4 1/2" spinner(ouch!) I installed one retract, just about dropped right in with some minor dremeling. I will probably screw down the wheel well liners instead of glueing them. I want to make them easily removable incase I ever want to swap out the retracts. Gear doors will be screwed into a supplied block that mounts over the strut. I had to shim the lower one to make sure the wheel doesnt rub against it. Try to post more pix this weekend!
Mike I am putting a 4 blade zinger on the new hanger 9 mustang. They are avaialble from zingerpropellor.com---you need to call them. You would be looking at a 18-19X8-10 for scale size and performance.
For that why not look at the eflite power 160 on 10s, Coastwatcher another gent on here has great experience with zingers and has been coaching me.

Things I can tell you---they are nice, but expensive. The hub is very thick so make sure the prop adapter is long enough to accommodate spinner back plate and prop hub. Zinger makes the 4 blade spinners to go with your prop and they are nice.

Although close you will need to balance the prop.

Heres a pic of mine in place using the hanger 9 spinner.
800mZero is offline Find More Posts by 800mZero