Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:48 PM
Find More Posts by Pilebuck
Carbon User
YAL
Joined Jun 2005
735 Posts
2.4 conversion - ceres

On to the rear mount receiver.

I originaly thought I may have to de-case the remote receiver, but as it turns out the Ceres had enough room in the fuse aft of the linkages for a standard carbon remote.

A 50" remote antenna extension had to be soldered up in order to reach the RX... I know Spektrum only recomends 36" as the maximum length, but I extended it anyway.
Since I imagine the 36" limit is set to avoid a possible low voltage condition resulting from the wire run, I decided to do a simple test to verify voltage to the tail RX. This was achieved by hooking up a variable discharge source into the onboard electronics while powering the receivers with a small AAA battery... I was not able to get the rear receiver to brown-out before having the forward receivers also brown-out... So in my opinion, the additional wire run will have no effect on the rear receiver's performance.

FYI, when hooked to my standard four-cell 2/3 SubC onboard battery, I was unable to induce a low voltage condition with my three amp discharge source.
Pilebuck is offline Find More Posts by Pilebuck
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Pilebuck; Dec 15, 2009 at 08:13 PM.