Thread: Discussion Esm P-51D conversion
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2009, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by mpope1
gilbert,az
Joined Dec 2005
3,950 Posts
Very Good info, I want to have a prop that would be scale for the size of the plane. I was flying the hangar 9 60 sized mustang with a 15.5 x 12 4 blader and it was a little small in comparison to the size of the plane. One thing that is nice with electrics is that we can switch motor kv to taylor the size prop that we would want to spin. Since I dont have the plane yet, I am guessing around an 18" diameter should be close to scale for this size p-51(D model). Another factor is cell count, for a more realistic flight envelope 7s was a good match(Hacker A50-14L) but for all out speed 8s was real nice. It was the miss america version so I mostly flew on 8s except in the summer mos. to keep the motor/esc a little cooler. I actually have a 3 bladed tru-turn, and may start out with a 15 3/4 x 13 3 bladed apc just to get things dialed in and trimmed until I can figure out the 4 blade issue. I dont think the zingers are available, on towers website it says stock pending, was also waiting on xoar. The only other alternative are the solo prop systems but they are extremely expensive!
mpope1 is offline Find More Posts by mpope1