Old Dec 08, 2009, 11:45 AM
Find More Posts by frieslander
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
8,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I have purchased many items from Xheli and Jamie at Boomtown. Jamie gives you the personal attention you will NEVER get from a discount house like Xheli. You cannot get wholesale prices and a guy waiting for your call with questions or problems. Thats just the way business works. Its one or the other. The phone thing with Xheli is cus they would need a staff off 50 to take care of all the guys who buy a heli and cannot fly and think the heli is defective cus it does not fly itself. Been there done that. I thought helis flew themselves also. If Boomtown sold an item that Xheli sold his price would be more.
I would never get into the hobby business.
FWIW, companys make mistakes. A mistake does not mean they are the worst company cus the problem was with your order.
In my case it was nothing to do with flying a heli or a newbie. They send me a defective TX with a heli and then I got the run around. The told me the TX was on the way and I recieved one from another brand of heli that was not compatible. Then they told me the proper one was on the way. A month later I still did not have it and then they tell me just because I received a shipping notification does not mean the item is shipped but simply the label was printed. Make sense to you? Not to me. I got the online live support and was passed from one to another but no one knew how to resolve the problem. Any emails send generated a reply that they would answer ASAP. However days later the answers I recieved were "rubber stamped" answers but never made sense. I finally found out about this "Andy" guy and he resolved the problem immediately.

So I decided to give them another chance and ordered some parts. BIG mistake, another screw-up as the wrong parts were send. The same run around this time, took forever to resolve.

Never again!

There is another thread about Xheli problems on the Vendors Forum.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander