View Single Post
Old Dec 03, 2009, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by JimO
Hacienda Heights, CA
Joined Sep 2000
350 Posts
The nice sleek lines of the Alps sparked my interest when I first saw it. Hope it flies as good as it looks.

I haven't decided on a power system yet, but my original thought was to use one of two Suppo outrunners that I have on hand, e.g. the 2814-8 with an 11x6 folder, or 2217/8 with 10x6. Firewall mounting of the 2814 will be a tight fight for the motor leads, and the 2217 may not be strong enough. I may end up shopping for another motor at the AMA show next month. I'd welcome any suggestions you or anyone else might have for a suitable power plant. I don't need vertical OOS performance, just a reasonably strong climb out.

I'd normally put a Hitec HS-85 or 82MG in the wings, but will probably go with the HS -65HB for weight savings in this already heavy model. I've been flying my electrics with a JR XP9303 with Assan 2.4 module for the past year and a half or so with no problems, using their 4, 6, or 7 channel rx's. I haven't converted all of my planes to 2.4, so the module system allows me to switch to 72mhz when needed. I've also been using the Assan module in an Optic 6, my slope tx, for a few months longer than than the 9303, also with no problems.

My Alps probably won't be in the air by the end of January. Someone else who has this model may be able to share a flight report before then.

Regards,

Jim
JimO is offline Find More Posts by JimO
Last edited by JimO; Dec 03, 2009 at 06:06 PM.