View Single Post
Old Dec 02, 2009, 05:16 AM
Find More Posts by Amazon
Joined Nov 2009
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
we did beat it to death in this thread here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=967207
and this thread too:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035575

1) Yeah it is hard to get the microprocessor analog converter to match a decent voltmeter, so it will be likely off. it is the variance of tolerance of the parts they used for resistors etc.
2) Sorry I didn't notice or try it.
3) Yeah the mixing can work both ways when you set it up. I haven't tried that option on my systems yet. I ran the flaps separate from the ailerons.
4)I set mine for 0 to whatever throw I could get on the flaps, I didn't have the flaps go up.
5) idledown is where you adjust the percentage to kill the engine when you toggle a switch associated to it. It is like using the mechanical trim on the throttle to stop the engine by setting the throttle to close enough to stop the engine.
6) they misspelled other things too. Like the MODE 1,2,3,4 options they spelled it as MODEL 1,2,3,4.
7) Yeah DR's work, I didn't see anything wrong there. I would have liked assigning all the DR's to one switch though, instead of individual switches.
8) Probably, maybe, maybe not, it might change on the next production run.
Hi, Earl!

Yes, I've read most of those threads, but my idea is to build a database on the 9x without the "I like it"-"I don't" - "It's worth buying" - "It's a piece of crap radio" over there. I plan on sticking to that radio for as long as I can, and if XJet wrote that he flies everything up to .90 engines with it, I believe we should work on it to drain all the fun we can have out of it, regardless of likes and dislikes.

About the flaps, which pot did you assign it to? Is it possible to set the ranges on the Tx?

Quote:
With the Assan receivers, the failsafe positions are set every time you turn on the receiver and transmitter. Whatever positions the transmitter sticks are in when first turned on will be set as the failsafe positions.

If you have the high end X8 receivers, you can program failsafe positions using a USB cord
That's some pretty useful info, F-111 John. As the 9x does not turn on with switches on positions other than 0, if you don't mess around the radio before turning the Rx on, you'll always come to failsafe with wings and elevator leveled, and throttle 0. However, if we´re flying glow A/C, this will result in idle engine. Is that the best option, or should it cut off?

Cheers!
Amazon is offline Find More Posts by Amazon