Old Dec 01, 2009, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by F-111 John
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
2 - Failsafe with Assan module works nicely, but I didn't see any differences Between the settings NORM and 000%. Whenever I cut power on the TX, all the plane command surfaces come to neutral position and the engine cuts off.
You may have noticed that the 9X (what ever name you wish to put in front of the 9X, be it FlySky, Turnigy, Eurgle, or iMax) is a transmitter module radio. It can use VHF FM modules or 2.4 GHz modules.

When using VHF modules, it can transmit in either PPM or PCM modes. The failsafe function is only available with FlySky standard PCM receivers.

Therefore, I'm not surprised you didn't notice any difference in the Failsafe settings when using an Assan 2.4 GHz module.

You may also have noticed that the 9X only has 9 channels when operating in the FM PCM mode. When operating in the PPM mode for FM PPM or 2.4 GHz use, it only has 8 channels.

With the Assan receivers, the failsafe positions are set every time you turn on the receiver and transmitter. Whatever positions the transmitter sticks are in when first turned on will be set as the failsafe positions.

If you have the high end X8 receivers, you can program failsafe positions using a USB cord.

Assan manual here.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Last edited by F-111 John; Dec 01, 2009 at 09:57 PM.