Thread: Build Log CMP Spitfire 50 - 54"
View Single Post
Old Dec 01, 2009, 09:10 AM
Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,991 Posts
I got hosed by another online vendor who emailed me back after ordering a plane on sale and telling me I couldn't have it any more at the sale price.

Boy that sucked because it was a great deal, a $420 plane marked down to $297.

Imagine my surprise when I checked Nitroplanes and the Spit was still selling at $99. I used that coupon code somebody mentioned earlier "Pricepickle", and bam... shipped to my house for $107.

Can I just say how nice it is that Nitroplanes only charges me what it actually COSTS to ship the item to an adjacent state? Most other vendors I buy from charge what it costs to ship coast-to-coast, regardless how close I am... just one very expensive flat shipping rate anywhere in the US. That irks me because they make more margin on the shipping sometimes than on the actual plane.

Anyway, Nitroplanes rocks. I'm just starting on my CMPro Me109 73" warbird, then will get the Spit done next (unless I get a sudden urge to swap order).

Good luck on your builds, everybody. Post pictures of your engine/battery mounting setups if you would please! And maiden videos for sure, if you wouldn't mind!

Cheers!

Todd
Wind_of_Change is offline Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change