View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2009, 04:46 PM
Find More Posts by jesolins
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
15,134 Posts
All,
Today I received my 5x 2830-13 and 5x 2217-11 BL motors, some servo leads and a 20a ESC to test. I ordered 2 from Ebay and the rest on the RCTimer website on 11 November. All arrived together today via registered mail that I had to sign for on 28 November. The address labels were correctly formatted. The motors and hardware came packaged in individual ziplock bags and were then mailed in a bubble-padded envelope. The customs label said "adapter" and $5 value. Nina signed it They arrived looking to be in good shape. On close inspection of the motors, they look to be nicely manufactured. The stator windings are even and look to be machine wound. The bearings are smooth when turned. The bell housing is held to the shaft by one allen screw. I checked all ten and all but one was tight enough. I applied lok-tite and re-tightened them. All ten had just the right amount of end-play. The shafts are pressed in the bell housing and are a good tight fit. One end of the shaft is grooved for the cir-clip. The cir-clip used is better than most I have seen on the motors I have previously purchased. They have more shoulder on them and look like standard cir-clips unlike the other inferior ones that look like u-shaped wires. I will be using these on my quadrocopter's and will give an update on the amp draw and flight performance in a few days.
Looks good so far
Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Nov 28, 2009 at 08:19 PM.