View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by capt
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Also, I was looking at the motors they sell, some of which look like Suppo motors. Specifically, the 2212 series. Does anyone know how they compare to Suppo/Welgard, or to the ones that bidproduct sells (which maybe be Suppo)? The ones at bidproduct are $10 too, but I've never really heard much, if any, feedback on the quality. But these have me interested, because of some of the reports in this thread that the build quality of motors received was good. But those reports could be for a different style motor. It's confusing since they don't give each style of motor they sell a specific name. Maybe Nina can answer this. Do all the rctimer outrunner motor styles have the same build quality (hand winding, etc)?

Anyway, I was thinking of this one (A2212-15, 930kv) for my slow stick.

Or would a 2826 series be better? Surprisingly these are also $10 at rctimer ($30 at bidproduct!...assuming they're the same motors).

How do their props compare to others (ie. GWS)? Anyone know the brand?
The 2200Kv 2212-6 motor is probably the best all around motor you can buy and RCtimer has the best price. I have read in other threads that this is the identical (same factory) motor as the suppo/welgard/grayson PJ, can not personal vouch for that as I have not bought one of those.

I fly my Wildhawk pure vertical on 3s using the 2212-6!!
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Last edited by capt; Nov 26, 2009 at 07:21 PM.