View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2009, 06:45 AM
Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,732 Posts
Another Polak! Dzeindobre! I am also heavily favoring the CB100. I looked at the CB180 and was not thrilled to learn it was shaft driven. The 4#6 is the same heli, so to speak, but with a brushless motor. A key point is that it does not have two motors like the CB180, but the main also drives the shaft-driven tail. As with all new heli's, don't be too quick to jump. Read the threads and see how it all shakes out. As much as I want the CB100, after reading the threads (4 or more PAGES per day), I've learned the stock brushless tail motor needs to be upgraded and some guys are even upgrading the main motor. Those two alone are another $50. MIA landing skids add another $16 ($8 for the skids and $8 for S&H ). I agree that a CP heli is NOT the way to get into this hobby. CP heli's require a lot of set up and tinkering and the small size would drive anybody nuts!!
The one thing that is also a big consideration is where you're going to fly your heli. If it is strictly an indoor flier, it should not be anything bigger than a CB100. I have a Lama 4 and CX2 and consider both to be too big to do anything more than hover in the house. I think the 4#6 and 4G6 are a little large for inside, but I don't know that for sure.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Last edited by kodak_jack; Nov 21, 2009 at 06:56 AM.