View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2009, 06:32 AM
Find More Posts by jpgilbert
MaineFlyer
Augusta, Me
Joined Feb 2005
945 Posts
[QUOTE=fairplane I think I read the C of G was from 3- 3 1/2 inches from the leading edge (mine didnt come with a manual) but on the maxford sites downloadable manual it shows C of G at 102 mm or 4 inches. Rule of thumb I heard is 1/3 the wing width from leading edge- Anyway keep posting because I'll be watching[/QUOTE]

I don't have a Neptune but do have a Seamaster and the Neptune seems to be just a Seamaster knockoff. The CG on a Seamaster is 3- 3 1/2 inches from the leading edge and it flies fine when set there. I have done two glow ARFs and my latest is an electric. All went well at that setting.

The specs on my electric Seamaster are as follows:
Wing span: 59.5" Area: 725 sq.in. Wing loading: 24.9 oz/sqft. Wing Cube Loading: 11.11 AUW is 125.5 ozs. Powered by a Rimfire 42-60-600 Brushless, a MA 13x8.5 prop, a CC Phoenix 60, 2 x TP 5S1P 2200 mah Extreme Lipos in parallel and a CC BEC set for 5.5 volts. Max current is 46.25 amps and 807 watts (actual flight data - eLogger). 6.43 watts/oz - 102.88 watts/lb. AR7000 receiver is used in this plane. HS-475HB servos are used for the rudder and elevator and a HS-325HB servo for the ailerons. JR X9303 radio for control.

tuppertn said.....
Another option would have been to cut down the rudder to allow for elevator travel. Hmmm, now that I look at the pictures again I may do that instead if I can find a good match for the covering.

Well, I would consider making the skeg a bit larger and that would protect the rudder where it extends below the present skeg.

I attached a Photo of a buddy's new Neptune flying at Lily Pond this past fall. Very nice performer.

Joe
jpgilbert is offline Find More Posts by jpgilbert