View Single Post
Old Nov 09, 2009, 06:43 AM
Find More Posts by Steve Boone
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
Sorry I haven't been on much the past few days guys. The weather has improved a bit and so getting ready for winter has been the priority. Things should calm down a bit after today and I can get everything written up for Silver Level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2motheus View Post
Steve,
Unless I missed it, I still don't see an answer to my question below. Unless some launch window parameters are given, the contest style tasks will be nothing more than ladders with all flights the same. I can just keep doing 7 or 10-minute flights until my points on my best flights meet the minimum. Even if launch windows aren't timed, we should at least specify that the flights be consecutive and on the same day.
Tim
Tim, 30 minutes was suggested earlier. The reasoning was to simulate waiting your turn between flight groups at a contest. A +/- "x" minutes to keep people from sandbagging is a good idea. The contest guys can give us the "usual launch window" I'm sure. Joe should even know since he does contests as well. And we will specify that the flights be consecutive and on the same day.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone