Thread: Discussion SLOW-STICK X Build
View Single Post
Old Nov 08, 2009, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by jamesppp
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,788 Posts
My buddy put the SSx down on its back 2 times times doing looow. slooow, inverted wing tip drags today..Both times just flipped it upright afterwards and flew off..

I cant fly like that and am still considering the dihedral wing..Ive got to decide because ive got to cut something one way or another..I can fly the straight wing and it flies great but I get all dyslexic when inverted and lose orientation too often and feel that I could use a little bit more self stabilization. Stabilization isnt really the right word as the straight wing doesnt have any bad habits that I have seen at all and is very stable
Maybe the trainer configuration will give me a little more time to think or correct..I dont know
I can always build another wing for it.

How much difference is there in the flight characteristics of the 2 different builds. Im assuming the X Trainer responds a lot better than the styrofoam wing GWS Slow stick that Im flying now. (for the last week) It is very relaxing but I definitly want snappier performance than it has. I put over an hour airtime on the GWS today.Perfect 68f and 0-5 wind..cnt beat the conditions today.

Thanks,

Jimmy
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp