Paratrooper
Eubank Kentucky
Joined Nov 2007
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commador View Post
Ahoy Shipmates!
Permission to Come Aboard?

I recently purchased the DVD from Philip at SC&H. It arrived last week.
I have down loaded most of the Photographs you have all posted of the Surprise construction and subsequent Re-Fits.
I have made some observations, and would like to offer some suggestions, but don't want to impose.
Therefore I respectfully request "Permission to Come Aboard"

Regards
The Commador
G'day mate! Welcome aboard. You will not be disappointed with Philip Roberts kit. I am very pleased to have one of these and it is only my SECOND RC model sailing ship, the earlier one being the Emma C. Berry way back in the late 70s.

What is so great about these kits is that they have been very well engineered and large enough that re-fits are absolutely possible in so many ways. Dan's brig and Don's schooner are two cases in point as they are both SC&H brig kits and both are heavily modified. My ship is modified mostly in that I have installed winch servos, yard attachment to the masts, and I have changed the method of control some, otherwise it is almost all done as per the instructions.

I hope to have operational carronades on the port side sometime next spring and then another trip to Minnesota to seek and engage a brig up there.

If you are interested, Ships in Scale have a first part of two articles of my ship starting in the November/December 2009 issue. This periodical is fairly well known and I think you can get them in the UK.

http://www.seaways.com/

Don't hesitate to order a model for yourself, it is well worth the price for a hobby like this and sailing her brings even more enjoyment. RG
Paratrooper is offline Find More Posts by Paratrooper