View Single Post
Old Nov 03, 2009, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by RyanPSU21
USA, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Sep 2000
3,789 Posts
This will definetely be ready and waiting for the spring unless it gets side tracked here somewhere for another project again. The what's left list is getting very small now.
Rudder
Elevators
Sand wing and cutout the ailerons
Sheet the center fuselage section
Build 2 cowls.
Cover
What will be the biggest challenge left, learn how to vacumn form to make the nose and cockpit windows.
Paint
Fly

This thing has a cavern as it is with the wing opening since the root rib is already over 18inches at the fuselage joint with about 5 inches of width.

That is an interesting idea to build the nose to the wing and put the joint in the fuse. Never thought of that way. I can see that I would have a difficult time building the fuse if I had to do it attached to the wing inside my building room which is why all my assembled plane pictures are always shown in the kitchen. Maybe with a 50inch wingspan I could manage that.

Who is making the Rapide part kids in the UK? The only kit I know of here in the US is the little Dumas one. Ivan's plans are the only ones I've seen for a larger one. It's not a common or popular plane this side of the ocean at all. I'm probably pyscho in that I really don't mind cutting wing ribs. It's fuselage formers that drive me nuts which is why they were kept to an absolute minimum on this thing. After remembering about the little Dumas one I am getting some tingling towards picking up one to make a go at the Fun Build with it.
RyanPSU21 is offline Find More Posts by RyanPSU21