Old Nov 03, 2009, 06:32 PM
Find More Posts by Paratrooper
Paratrooper
Eubank Kentucky
Joined Nov 2007
890 Posts
Discussion
Sailing SC&H 1/24 scale square rigged ships

I have taken advice from several to start a new thread of sailing these SC&H 1/24th scale square rigged ships. Any and all photos of square riggers on the open sea are welcome, but especially the SC&H models.

I have the SC&H frigate with hull #20 and it is my intention to sail at least once a month in every month.

My ship is no where near detailed as some on the RC threads, but that is because I am more interested in sailing than detailing. I have been adding details as time goes on, such as royal sails on all three masts, studding sails for the upper fore and main masts, and in line stay sails.

I recently added the hand rails along the inside edge of the gangway at the ships boats and I am working on the hammock cranes for the outside edge.

I have sailed this model in all sorts of weather including ice on the pond, strong gale force winds, almost calm with all the canvas I could raise, and everything in between.

To get the thread started I have posted a few photos that have not been posted elsewhere and much of what I have been doing is samo-samo but different seasons bring different backgrounds.

I am also very interested in sailing with other modelers. We have taken our ship to Minnesota twice and had some wonderful fleet sails up there and we are looking forward to trying to meet several other modelers of these 1/24 scale ships of any rigging to sail with.
Paratrooper is offline Find More Posts by Paratrooper